Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Vogue Icône - Jerry Moeng

 

 Most sartorialists have solidified their status in the fashion world as trendsetters with impeccable taste and a killer wardrobe -- so when I spotted the colourful Jerry Moeng on the streets, I had to know more about this style siren; following our little word intercourse which I hope you enjoy.


LK: Please tell us, who is Jerry Moeng?

JM: Well, I'm Letlhogonolo Jerry Moeng 22 years of age from Lenasia, South of Johannesburg.  A Media & Journalism graduate. I love Fashion, Photography and Theatre. I'm quiet yet loud, also a real joker, expressive, bohemian, in a nut shell I just enjoy the finer things in life... And My Smile Is My Best Signature.

LK: How would you describe your Style and who inspires you?

JM: I don't even know how to describe my style, I just mix everything together, from vintage-to- designer wear-to-retro. I am just a hippie who is inspired by Coco and Breezy Dotson[The Eye-Wear designer twins].

LK:What exactly makes you love Fashion?

JM: Fashion allows me to express myself, I make Fashion Statements without saying a word. And my sense of style has opened a lot of doors for me. That's what clothes do for me.  Fashion is my life


LK: And when did you first realize your love for it[fashion]?

JM: I found my love for fashion when I started high school because my mom started giving me money to shop for myself. So I had to be very creative, always trying to set myself apart. I didn't want to dress like anyone else. Like I'm doing now. You get?
LK: Ha ha yeah I get you. What's your favourite thing to wear?

JM: My favourite things to wear are drop-crotch pants and head gears, I've lost count of how many caps and hats I've collected.
LK: Would you say where you come from inspires how you dress?

JM: I doesn't, at all. My hood is just dull and not inspiring. I'm just known as that weird, tall colourful kid. But I know in a few years time my style will be normal to them *He then laughs*


LK: Where do you mostly shop your clothes?

JM:  Vintage stores in the city (JHB CBD) And I love shops like Markham, YDE, Jay Jays And Toxic Candy. They always have dope and affordable gear there because I don't like spending a fortune to look good!
LK: What's playing on your iPod/phone?

JM: There is a lot that is playing on my phone, but I'm hooked on Zonke and The Muffinz.

LK: Does the music you listen to contribute to your style?
JM: Hell yeah it does, music and fashion are insync. I listen to all sorts of genres, Just like my style, I fuse everything together. I'm just a fashion & music chameleon, Its just about creativity and self expression.
LK: Where do you like to hang out often?

JM: I like Braamfontein. There is such a young, enthusiastic vibe there, I love that kind of space.




No comments:

Post a Comment